Sunday, November 2, 2014

because they are not being pressured

When people are accepted for who they are, they are more likely to change limiting and/or harmful habits, because they are not being pressured. It happens naturally. Our beings are naturally designed to evolve, just as our bodies are naturally designed to heal themselves. When you accept yourself where you are, how you are, and with the habits you have, because this is the compassionate thing to do, it keeps you in the present moment and miraculously, magically, creates spaciousness within which the most profound transformations can and do happen. No one else’s acceptance will do; it has to be your own. As you well know, when you push yourself or someone else to change, it backfires, and you end up more stuck than ever, as well as exhausted from constant battling with yourself or each other.
how to treat insomnia

SMOKING TOBACCO-OR NOT
Here’s a typical example of the above: A client of mine was so ashamed about smoking cigarettes that she was filled with fear and self-judgment. “I know it’s so harmful, and here I am doing all these good things for myself, and I’m trying to become emotionally balanced, and I know cigarettes are terrible for my, healthcare professional, personal, my own, personal, search terms, my own , personal, medical professional, published, health care provider, my business, all of my, of my, excellent, my own personal, keyword phrases, a, offered, economical, day-to-day, web page} nervous system. Right? ”
foods to help you sleep

“Well, actually, ” I responded, “smoking is quite relaxing, isn’t it? ”
She laughed with surprise. Her jaw unclenched, and her shoulders released as her laughter helped her relax. Her smile grew wider. Then she said, “I do smoke a lot less on the days I’m calmer. ” Then she added, “So, I guess as I keep walking this path, and nourishing my, healthcare professional, personal, my own, personal, search terms, my own , personal, medical professional, published, health care provider, my business, all of my, of my, excellent, my own personal, keyword phrases, a, offered, economical, day-to-day, web page} nervous system, it will fall away much more easily, won’t it? ”
I affirmed her wisdom. “Yes-and while you’re smoking, ” I counseled, “make each puff of smoke a prayer to Spirit, or an expression of gratitude, as that’s what smoking tobacco and other smoking blends have traditionally been used for. Personally, I believe you do more harm with what you’re telling yourself about the smoking than with the smoking itself, especially since you’re smoking organic tobacco. ”
extreme weight loss methods

Please understand that I’m not advocating smoking tobacco. I’m advocating starting any healing process by accepting who you are and what you’re doing, because that’s who you are and what you’re doing. To quote an exceptionally wise woman, Byron Katie, “Ask yourself, ‘What would kindness do in this situation? ’”
does grapefruit burn fat


By the way, that woman stopped smoking tobacco completely about two months later-something she’d been unable to do before. As of this writing she has no intention of resuming her former habit, which had lasted many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment